Monday, March 18, 2013

The wrap on Indian Wells

All credit to Rafael Nadal for what he has accomplished in his comeback - winning three of the four tournaments he entered.  I certainly didn't expect him to be the one holding the trophy at the end of his first hard court tournament.  Del Potro seemed to have things in hand in the final, being up a set and a break, but he faltered a bit in the middle of the second set and once Rafa got on a roll he just kept going.  Really quite amazing.  And Maria Sharapova was certainly on fire in her straight forward match against Wozniacki.  There really was nothing Caroline could do with Maria not only firing on all cylinders, but also playing great defense.  The match I was happiest about was seeing Bob and Mike Bryan finally make their breakthrough to win this elusive title that they hadn't yet been able to win in their illustrious career.  And since I had the chance to watch the Bryan Brothers and also their opponents live on a smaller court earlier in the week, it was especially fun to watch them in the final.

Speaking of watching live, I want to share just a bunch of random pictures taken by either myself or my friend  throughout our four awesome days spent on the grounds of Indian Wells.  It was an incredible experience in every way and I was sad to see it end.  Already looking forward to next year!


 



No comments: