Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ready for Madrid!!!

Madrid and the blue stuff are almost upon us - in fact, for the ladies it has already started.  For those like me, however, who have been "patiently" waiting for the return of the great Roger Federer, we are very anxious to see how he's going to come out after his prolonged rest/training time.  He's certainly not going to have time to ease into it as he faces a very tricky opening round match against either Milos Raonic, who he beat in three sets at Indian Wells (a very special match for yours truly since I was courtside for it :) or David Nalbandian, who used to be a challenge for him in the past.  Hopefully his lack of match play won't be a problem for him, as I know he and all his fans are hoping for a great start with this tournament moving into the very important upcoming months.

With all the complaining that Rafa Nadal continues to relay regarding the change in color of the clay, I am very eager to hear what Roger's thoughts are on it now that he has had a chance to hit on it a bit.  I know he agreed with Rafa at the outset, but I am hoping that he has moved past that and will be supportive of the change.

On another note, I enjoyed this post from one of the actresses who had the very cool opportunity to work with Roger in the filming of the new Lindt commercial.  Enjoy!  

http://juliacomedy.com/wp/?p=482

No comments: