Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Serena Shocker and Federer Fan Emotions


What a dramatic first round match!!  I was glued to my TV an hour after the fact as I was trying to catch up on all the tennis from the middle of the night my time, hoping get to see what would happen before I had to leave for my own tennis match.  Once it was over it was hard to get it out of my mind (as I went on to lose my own match too, though in much less dramatic fashion!).  I mean if Serena can lose a match being up a set and 5-1 in the 2nd set tiebreak, it can certainly happen to anyone!  Along with the shock of letting that big lead go and losing the set, then getting down 5-0 (!!!) in the third set, I couldn't understand why she kept going for service return winners when she was up break point at 5-3.  I mean, even I have learned that - just get the ball back in play so there's a chance!

You have to be happy for Razzano, though.  What a sad story from last year, losing her fiance/coach last year days before the FO from brain cancer.  To come back a year later with a huge win at her home slam is just very, very special!

Well, Serena was my pick to win this thing.  Now I guess the favorite would have to be Sharapova, but in the women's game you just never know!  Would still love to see Wozniacki break through and prove everyone wrong at some point, or it would be great if Radwanska could somehow get her first win against Vika this year, who she would meet in the quarters, and pull off a surprise.

On another note, I just have to share a link to this great representation of what Federer fans go through when they watch his matches.  Great job by peRFect tennis on this one!

A day in the life of a Roger Federer fan 

No comments: